Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)
Saturday, September 7, 2013
My neighbor is replacing their white divided light windows with dark brown windows. I had to stop my car and take a picture mid project. With both types of windows still in place, it's so evident how much nicer the home looks...can't wait to see it finished!
This time my friend's daughter's Draculara leg broke, and the "de-headed" screw worked again...so I decided to post it again.
In this pic you see the broken knee and the screw with the head cut off. Here's my post on how I fixed Venus McFlytrap with step by step instructions.
This post is just a reminder that it can be done. For some reason I didn't get a shot of the knee fixed. Next time I go over I'll take a pic and add it to the post.
Side shot of the broken knee so you can see what break I'm repairing.
Good luck fixing your doll :). It's easy!
I got my inspiration from Pinterest. Saw the post about the pen spring to protect the cord, but I had three cords that were frayed like this...
I had tried electrical tape but it just gets it sticky and stretches and doesn't work.
So I decided to wrap a little tape and then put on the spring on to hold it in place. It worked wonders and I am thrilled.
Take the spring out of a "clicker" pen And place it on the wire near the end of the spring.
Then twist it until it gets to the end so you can get the cut off end of the spring around the iPhone wire.
Once it's around it, twist until the spring is all the way on the the wire. It should slide back and forth on the wire now.
Slide the spring up and twist to sort of lock it on the wider part that connects the wire to the charger head. If your spring is too narrow to easily go over this bump, just stretch it a little to get the cut end started, then twist to get more of the spring to go on.
I've done it to five charger cords now (three to fix and two to protect and it gets easier each time).
Love a quick fix that fixes what you have instead of going to buy new. More money stays in my bank account :)