Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baskets in bookcases and built-ins...storage!

Think your built-ins look cluttered? Don't know how to decorate your bookcases? Need storage? I had the same problem, so I filled my built-ins with baskets. Provided much needed storage for crafts, activity accessories, electronics, school supplies, etc.


I found my baskets at World Market years back, but anywhere that has similar baskets in different sizes will work.  I've seen them at Ikea, Container Store, Garden Ridge, Pier 1, TJMaxx, etc.  At first it seemed like an expensive project, but the most expensive one was $15.99 (total under $200 with my coupon of course :).  One piece of furniture would have cost me more and this has been the best project I have ever done in my house to solve a problem!  

For me it also helped lighten up the wall color-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment