Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Great cutting board to use as a sink cover

Yesterday I decided I would like a cover for my prep sink in my island. Often I'm serving food off the island, and the sink is a mess by the time everything is prepared. It would be so nice to just be able to cover it up.

 
So I measured the opening, searched online and found a highly rated wood cutting board at walmart of all places. It's by Paula Dean. 22" x18" x 3/4". Acacia wood (apparently stronger than bamboo). I found it in stock at my local store, so Ipicked it up along with mineral oil to condition it (in the health/beauty section).

 
Total cost for both under $30.

This board is so pretty I'm almost afraid to cut on it :).  Provides extra counter space.  Absolutely love how it looks and as a bonus, it's fits over my main sink, too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment