Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Friday, November 2, 2012

Two ingredient pumpkin cookies

Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration for these super easy cookies!  Two ingredient pumpkin cookies...so yummy!

 
Found about 14 different recipes pinned so decided to try them several ways.

 
The ingredients...1 box of spice cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz.).  Make sure it is just pumpkin and not canned pumpkin pie mix.


Mix the ingredients together in the bowl. I mixed mine by hand, and there were specks of the cake mix still showing. I didn't want to overmix it, so I left it that way.


Spoon them out onto a tray (I greased my pan, and it is insulated...not sure if either is necessary).

I put half of the cookies on the sheet and baked at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.  I have a convection oven, so check them with a toothpick before you take them out to make sure yours are done.

 
When those were finished, they went on the cooling rack.  For the second half, I decided to add a handful of mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter to try them that way.

When they were all done, I decided to mix it up even more by trying to eat them different ways. With butter (delicious...like pumpkin bread). With icing (delicious...more like a dessert). The way they are (just the two ingredients), I would eat them for breakfast.  You could add whipped cream or ice cream for a dessert.  Very versitale cookie.

These are more like cake cookies vs. crunchy cookies, so if you don't like cakey cookies you won't like these. I love that type of cookie, as it's more like a muffin top...Which I adore ;)

Next time I'm going to try them with a crumble topping (like a coffee cake). I made some banana muffin tops like that, and they were to die for. Let me know if you come up with any other ideas.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment