I have already hung an iron wall piece I had, but the walls are big and it needed something on either side to make it look more substatial (The iron piece is about 18" x 18").
I first found the two corner blocks. They are from an old mirror framing project, and they had already been refinished (painted black and dry brushed with bronze). I decided I could frame them and hang them on either side.
Then I moved to my scrap wood pile. I had enough pieces of one kind to make one frame, and enough of another kind to make a second. They don't match perfectly but look good together : )
Of course it was yelling out for more detail :) So I glued a black ribbon to the top to "hang" it from.