Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Friday, April 13, 2012

Duct tape frame

I warned you that there would be several duct tape posts after my daughter's birthday :) And here's another. A duct tape picture frame...pretty simple actually.


Took an old frame I had in a drawer (really cheap dollar store type).  I cut duct tape strips the length of the left and right sides (with about and extra 1/4") and adhered it to the outside.


I made sure it was covering the corner just slightly ( to insure a good looking corner joint...no gaps). I then wrapped it toward the inside.


In order to get it to go around the inside corner, I just trimmed each side at a 45 degree angle once it was at that point.


As you can see the right and left side didn't have to be perfect since the top and bottom pieces will cover it up. 

I repeated the process for the top and bottom piece (I had to be more careful with my cut since you would see that edge of the tape.  Turned out pretty cute and more importantly...my daughter loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment