Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Make a drawer out of your unused keyboard tray

If you have a keyboard tray you don't use on your desk (i.e., you have a laptop), turn it into a drawer with a drawer organizer.


This one we got at Ikea and used double sided tape to stick it down.

Just measure height width and depth so you get the right size (measure the depth with the keyboard tray open so it doesn't go back too far to be able to access the back bin)s.


$2.49 later my daughter has better places to store pencils, pens, etc.  Even looks good with the drawer closed since it matches the desk.  You could easily add a trim piece if yours didn't.

Quick, cheap and easy fix. 

Here's the before shot : )

No comments:

Post a Comment