Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

98¢ spray paint to repaint furniture!

 
Well this was an experiment to see how the "cheap" spray paint at Home Depot would work at painting furniture. (yes, that's my favorite spray paint tool on the top of the can : )



I painted my kitchen tabletop the old fashioned way (can of enamel paint, roller, brush, sanding, etc.) and it was a nightmare. Took forever and was a pain! So when I had a white corner table/shelf that I wanted black, I decided...what better piece to try it on. Doesn't get a lot of use, and it just sits there.



I grabbed my can, sprayed one coat and voila! Perfect. So much better! Would I do it on my kitchen table...probably not, but the backs of my kitchen chairs that I still need to paint. Yes! So inexpensive and so fast.

2 comments:

  1. i've used this on a dresser. shiny black on the drawers, and the cheap stuff for a flat black over the rest of it. came out pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it worked for you, I'm about to paint a headboard and chest with glossy black. I'm going to post how it works!

      Delete