Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fixing broken or cracked makeup

I pinned this idea the other day, and I tried it with a broken powder compact I had. It worked, and I realized I never posted the results.


First I took the broken powder and poured all the contents onto a piece of paper so I could clean up the case. This thing was a mess and making a mess in my makeup basket.


After cleaning it up with my powder brush...


I used the paper to help pour the broken powder back into the compact.


Next I poured in a little rubbing alcohol (just enough to make it a paste).


 I stirred and pounced the mixture with the bottom of a makeup brush to make it an even consistency.


I let it sit overnight and voila, fixed powder. I was shocked at how well it worked! And so simple.


So glad it turned out. Thank you Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment