Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Friday, June 21, 2013

I finally made my toilet paper roll faux iron wall piece


I was truly inspired by the toilet paper roll faux iron art I kept seeing on Pinterest.

I collected toilet paper rolls for quite a while to organize my computer cables (another suggestion I saw on Pinterest).

Because I had so many leftover after I finished organizing my cables, I decided to search Pinterest for another project. That's when I saw the faux iron artwork project.

I cut all my toilet paper rolls into 10 slices or rings each By flattening the roll and then cutting it (no need to measure, just estimate the width as you cut...it doesn't need to be perfect).



I then just started gluing them together with a hot glue gun.


As you can see I started with six in the center, and then just added a new piece in every space, symmetrically.


You only need to glue on the bottom inch of the fold before you attach it in the space.

Just keep building and building until it reaches the size that you want.

Now I just need to decide where I want to hang it and whether or not I want to paint it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment