Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Friday, June 21, 2013

Make an old piece of art personalized


Inspired by Pinterest, I decided to do one of the "date" pieces of art that appears all over my favorite site.

Of course I have no wall space for new artwork. So I decided to make my own print and put it on top of another piece of art somewhere in my house.

I started by creating a print with my husband's birthday, my birthday, our wedding date, then both of my daughter's birthdays.  I just centered everything on the page and picked fonts that would go with the old map picture I was going to cover up.

Always wanting to complete every project for free, I just used plain white printer paper.

After printing it out I tea-stained it, as seen in the picture below:


Then I opened up the piece of art, simply placed it on top, and closed it back up.  And there you go, a brand-new piece of art, personalized with our family details.



No comments:

Post a Comment