Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How to fix a broken plastic sandal or flip flop with a screw...two examples!


Ok I realize this won't fix every broken sandal, but if you have a rubber or plastic flip flop or sandal where a strap has broken, this might work. 

The first example is where the center strap tab broke off the bottom.


I literally just used a screw to screw it back together.  Ok, I did screw it in, unscrew it, add superglue to the twists of the screw then screwed it back in.  Thought that would help it hold.


It has even held through four wears already!  Quick and easy fix!



Another example is where a side strap broke on the top.  Again I just used a screw to secure it to the sole.  I put super glue on the screw portion on this one as well.  Can't even feel it when I wear it.


And since my foot is on it when I wear it, you can't even see it.  Hope this helps you salvage your favorite pair of flip flops :)


No comments:

Post a Comment