Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Basketball Cake - Easiest I've ever made!!!

This I had to share.  From my daughter's High School Musical era, but it could be good for any sports themed party.

Bake the cake in a Pyrex Bowl.

Color Cream Cheese Icing with red & yellow food coloring and ice.

Pipe with a very small tube of black ready-made icing (simple plus sign, then add two arched lines)

Add any appropriate "Team" letter in the right color (child's initial, your child's basketball team letter, their favorite pro team letter, etc.)  I again used a small tube of red ready-made icing.

I could not believe how cute it turned out for something so simple.


(I added the four little paper logos for fun from the invitation and thank you note packaging...so those who didn't know what HSM was would get why my girly daughter had a sports themed cake : )

No comments:

Post a Comment