I found a broken mirror in the Garden Ridge scratch and dent section, but loved the oval iron frame. Hung it with those plastic mirror clips (took them off of my bathroom mirror before I framed it, so I had them around : ) Painted the clips and the ceiling (between the cap and the frame) to sort of match the fan finish. I did a base coat of a brown and then dry-brushed the black over it.
I can hardly believe it turned out so well. I always assume in the middle of the project that it is going to look bad and need to come down. Thank goodness I liked it : )
I will admit that I also changed the light kit, but that's another post : )