Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Using an old frame as a ceiling medallion

This is the ceiling fan in my study.  The fan was already this color, but the little ceiling fan caps they hang from always look so wimpy to me on those big plain ceilings holding those big fans.

I found a broken mirror in the Garden Ridge scratch and dent section, but loved the oval iron frame.  Hung it with those plastic mirror clips (took them off of my bathroom mirror before I framed it, so I had them around : )  Painted the clips and the ceiling (between the cap and the frame) to sort of match the fan finish.  I did a base coat of a brown and then dry-brushed the black over it.

I can hardly believe it turned out so well.  I always assume in the middle of the project that it is going to look bad and need to come down.  Thank goodness I liked it : )



I will admit that I also changed the light kit, but that's another post : )

No comments:

Post a Comment