Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My first food post, Veggie omelet (migas)

I'm no food blogger or chef, but seeing as this is a "Jack of all trades" type of site, I thought I'd start to share any recipes I make up that turn out to be really good.


Today it was a veggie omelette (sort of a Migas inspired dish I made for lunch)

2t vegetable oil
1/3 of a red bell pepper, chopped
2T red onion, chopped
2 corn tortillas, cut into small pieces
2 eggs, beaten
2T cheese, shredded
1/2 of a tomato, chopped
2T green onion, chopped
Salt, pepper & cumin (season to taste)

Cook oil, onion and red bell pepper until they start to soften. Add tortillas and stir until they are coated with mixture. Pour in eggs and season with salt pepper and cumin at this point). Just when it's done, top with cheese, then fold in half as you plate it to help the cheese melt. Top with tomatoes and green onion (I combined those together with a little salt and pepper on the cutting board before I put them on top).

This was soooo good I had to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment