Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas tree craft made with molding and Popsicle sticks.

Last year on my Christmas crafting bender I decided to make a Christmas tree out of Popsicle sticks. Don't ask me why :)



I started with a pile of plain popsicle sticks and a hot glue gun. As I stacked and glued, the shape started to come together...I realized this was going to be cute and needed to be more thought out.

Once I had a shape I was happy with, I dug through my spray paint collection and found a forest green from who knows when (early 90's?)....I told you I keep everything! I spray painted the whole thing green.

I decided it needed a trunk, so I used a large tongue depressor and colored it brown with a sharpie and glued it to the back.

Then I needed something to put it on. I dug through my scrap pile and decided on the same molding I used for my Noel sign. This time I needed two pieces wide to make it big enough. I cut the two pieces to the same length and glued them together bottom to bottom.

To add detail I painted a green and red polka-dotted border (using a pencil eraser to apply symmetrical dots). I also painted the same dots on the tree as ornaments at random locations.

To top it all off I glued a foam yellow star from my daughters' craft buckets on top.

Voila! Free "scrap" Christmas craft :)


No comments:

Post a Comment