Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More christmas movie quotes...

If you read my previous post, I am on a movie quote kick this year. I've displayed them in my bar, my half bath and even in my hall. The Elf quotes previously mentioned replaced art I had hanging, but in my hall I decided to hang the pictures on top of the art. In this case they are hanging on top of tin tiles.

First I found a great Grinch quote on Pinterest and printed it:

"Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

Then I used the template to create a second so I had a pair. This time using a line from A Christmas Story:

"Christmas was on its way. Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved."

I framed them in the same dollar store frames. To hang them over the tin tiles, I hot glued ribbon to each top corner, then hooked the ribbon on the nail used to hang the tile on the back.

Fast, inexpensive and simple.




No comments:

Post a Comment