Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blood Candles with melted crayons!

Thank you Pinterest for this tip.  Let's face it, with 10 and 12 year olds, I have hundreds of crayons, and I'm always looking for different ways  to use them.  Then one day I stumpled upon the "blood candle" pin and thought, "Thank you".  These types of crafts are perfect for me.  I'm frugal, I like creating new decorations for free, so often I use paint to make old things look new.  This was a way for me to turn plain white candles into great Halloween decorations.  And talk about easy.

 
One white candle, one red crayon and a long lighter (or match or hairdryer for that matter).  That's it.

 
I placed the candle on a paper towel (assuming I might get drips on my counter), lit my lighter and proceeded to melt the crayon above the candle letting it drip down the sides.  It really was that simple. You have to pay attention to where you are dripping obviously,  but other than that a no-brainer craft for sure.  The shocking part was how great they turned out.  They are SOOOO red.


As an experiment I also tried with a red candle I had, not near as bright red.  They look good in their own way, but the crayon candles are much more vibrant.

 
  I also tried using a long fireplace match which worked as well, but I only had two.  So I had to move to the lighter and found that easier. Good luck with yours, and let me know if you have any questions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment