Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Using Pumpkins on Candlesticks.

Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. My anniversary and my daughter's birthday both fall near the end of October, so this time of year has always been special to me. Being able to get into a second holiday (after Christmas of course :) makes this time of year even more special.

One of my easiest tips, which I'm sure many of you already do is use pumpkins on candlesticks instead of candles this time of year. Its and easy and inexpensive way to add Halloween or Fall decor to your home. Use real mini pumpkins, or buy fake pumpkins to use over and over again each year.

 
My first example is some glass beaded pumpkins I was given by my cousin. I use them on my black candlesticks I got for $1 a target as part of my dining tablescape.

 
Another example are these black pumpkins I use of some cute monster feet candlesticks I purchased at Michaels on Halloween clearance a few years back. I spray painted these black for two reasons. One, I thought they already had enough orange, and two these were orange pumpkins that started to flake, so the black paint gave them a second life.

So try pumpkins instead of candles and don't be afraid to make them the color you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment