Call it a compilation of all the crazy projects I've come up with over the years. Call it a how-to for things around the house. Call it whatever you like :) It's what I do everyday. My blog is really just a way for me to share what I've learned over the years about home improvement, interior design, organization, diy, crafting and home repair. And most importantly it comes from always working on a budget and forever wanting to fend for myself when it comes to anything. I hope you enjoy (and learn a few things along the way :)

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Apothocary Jars ... BOO!

Here are my latest apothocary jars.  The Halloween version with Boo as my letters.  The letters are from Hobby Lobby and are spray painted black.  I like these curly font letters the best of all the fonts I have found at Hobby Lobby and Michaels (though sometimes the letters don't look like the letter they are supposed to be, but for b & o they looked great).  I buy these on sale or with my % off coupons, so all three are less than $2.

 
The filler is from Dollar Tree (my favorite place to buy crafting supplies : )  This is Halloween garland, and I liked the black and orange.  I would have loved to fill these jars with candy corn, but my apothocary jars hold A LOT and that would have gotten very pricey.  This is two strands of garland so $2 for all three jars is ultra cheap.

The ribbon I purchased at Michaels in their dollar pin and I love it.  It is purple and black furry zebra ribbon.  I felt keeping it all orange and black was going to be boring, so I decided to add a little color with the purple.

Another great revamp of existing decor to make it tie in with my holiday decor.  Total cost $4.50 : )  I can't tell you how much I love my apothocary jars.  Thank you pinterest for the inspiration to start this year long journey with changing them out for the holidays.  Here are my links to my other variations so far

Valentine's Day - http://www.dixieofalltrades.blogspot.com/2012/01/valentine-apothocary-jars.html

St. Patrick's Day - http://www.dixieofalltrades.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-post.html

Easter - http://www.dixieofalltrades.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-apothecary-jars.html

Everyday in between : ) - http://www.dixieofalltrades.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-latest-apothecary-jars-wine-corks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment